Jim Pitman started flying in 1992 and he has been a flight instructor since 1997. Jim loves flying and teaching. Benefits of training with Jim include his experience, customized training, and flexibility.
- ATP / MEI / CFII / Advanced Ground Instructor / Gold Seal
- Founding member of the Arizona Flight Training Workgroup (AFTW)
- Designated Pilot Examiner (DPE) for the FAA
- Pilot for SkyWest Airlines since May 2016 (type rated on the CRJ 200/700/900)
- 2006 Arizona Flight Instructor of the Year
- 2005 Arizona Aviation Safety Counselor of the Year
- Chief Flight Instructor at Westwind School of Aeronautics for 7 years
- Cessna Pilot Center Regional Manager for 2.5 years (flew G1000 Cessna's throughout the western U.S. and Canada, including extensive IFR experience along the California-coast)
- Creator of the Arizona Mountain Flying Safety Course
- 6000+ hours total flight time
- 3950+ hours dual instruction given
- Jim will use his wealth of experience to customize a structured training course outline to fit your individual needs.
- Even though Jim is an active airline pilot and DPE, he designs his schedule to only fly for SkyWest a few days each month, providing scheduling flexibility for you
- Ground training is provided in person or online via live web conference
- Flight training is available in your own airplane or any acceptable airplane that you have access to
- Payments accepted by cash, check, debit card, or credit card. Click HERE for detailed pricing information.