Jim Pitman started flying in 1992. He has been a flight instructor since 1997, an airline pilot since 2016, and an FAA Designated Pilot Examiner (DPE) since 2019. Jim loves flying and teaching. Benefits of training with Jim include his experience, customized training, and flexibility.
- ATP / MEI / CFII / Advanced Ground Instructor / Gold Seal
- Designated Pilot Examiner (DPE) for the FAA
- Pilot for SkyWest Airlines since May 2016 (type rated on the CRJ 200/700/900)
- Founding member of the Arizona Flight Training Workgroup (AFTW)
- 2006 and 2020 Arizona Flight Instructor of the Year
- 2005 Arizona Aviation Safety Counselor of the Year
- Chief Flight Instructor at Westwind School of Aeronautics for 7 years
- Cessna Pilot Center Regional Manager for 2.5 years (flew G1000 Cessna's throughout the western U.S. and Canada, including extensive IFR experience along the California-coast)
- Creator of the Arizona Mountain Flying Safety Course
- 6500+ hours total flight time
- 4000+ hours dual instruction given
- Jim will use his wealth of experience to customize a structured training course outline to fit your individual needs.
- Ground training is provided in person or online via live web conference
- Flight training is available in your own airplane or any acceptable airplane that you have access to
- Payments accepted by cash, check, debit card, or credit card. Click HERE for detailed pricing information.
The following interview was recorded in September of 2020